Baskerville Hound

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday mornings have a nice vibe.....


relaxed, contemplative...or something like that.

Anyways, the point of this entry: If you haven't seen www.lookatbook.com then you should.

Basically it is the result of a project between four artists who sent an art journal back and forth across the Atlantic, each contributing, adding and responding to the previous entry.

well it inspired me. it reminded me of the need to go back to the pre-art school un-precious days of creating for the fun of it.

As a 4 year old, I had a sketch book that I had with me almost everywhere I went and I drew in it constantly. It was even lying there open when I decided to cut my own hair, catching the flecks of hair as I randomly trimmed. It even caught the first drops of blood as a accidentally cut my thumb in the process. [years later when we moved house and were unpacking, I found that book, still with the hair in the center pages!] I don't know what became of this book as we moved a few more times after that but it still remains my first memory of creative expression.....as corny as that sounds!

so anyway the whole basis of this blog [which I must admit I am finding confrontingly narcissistic] is that like many others inspired by this idea, I want to start one. If you are a visual artist, or someone that enjoys being creative and want to be involved in a collaborative art journal project please contact me! tell me about yourself, you work, your ideas and where your from and lets go from there!

3 Comments:

  • Hey Rebekah
    I like the start of your blog, and welcome to blogville!!!
    I'd like to participate in your book project for sure, let me know what your details are and I'll see if I can work it in between the other one. It's a great idea toi start your own - hurrah!!! I'll keep you posted about the one in spring, too. By the looks of your journal here, I think you'd make a great "Book."

    Can't wait to see more of your work.
    Don't forget to participate in Illustratiop Friday too! That'd be another way to direct artists over to your site.
    www.illustrationfriday.com

    Cheerio,
    Leeza

    By Blogger Leeza Hernandez Illustrator, at 12:17 am  

  • welcome aboard. If you are starting a traveling journal, I might be interested.
    Have you ever seen Andrew Skish's work? in polaroids?
    http://www.skwish.com/polaroids/index.html
    Will be back to visit.

    By Blogger Kim Carney, at 3:49 am  

  • hey baskervillehound,

    thanks for the nice comment on my blog/site!

    i've also been subjected to the talent-improving, yet life-draining force of art school. Illustration Friday looks like a good remedy. I'd love to be part of your art journal project, too...

    By Blogger rbwmail, at 5:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home