Baskerville Hound

Friday, January 06, 2006

Illustration Friday- Flavor

I had almost forgotten!

As a kid, I used to refer to the colors of my watercolor paintbox as 'flavors'. I would ask: "What flavor should I paint the sky?"

I think it is because I had a pack of marker pens that all smelled like different fruits...


Or maybe because colored pencils and crayons have names like "Blueberry" or "Watermelon"



[why do I always wait until the last moment to post my Illustration Friday entries- maybe I could put it down to a careful week-long consideration of the theme? yeah...lets go with that!]

9 Comments:

  • Or maybe it's because seeing all those colors together is a delicious experience! I like this photo of the flavorful watercolors...I see chocolate and mustard, pomegranate and persimmon...

    By Blogger carla, at 9:47 am  

  • Hmm I think most kids thought of their colors as flavors. Besides it's more fun and easy to do.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:58 am  

  • i like paint as flavours! this is fun and the perfect idea! that is why you had to wait, to recall this wonderful idea!

    By Blogger valerie walsh, at 10:20 am  

  • I remember I used to taste the colours of paint:) I accidently do that even now.
    I like the photo too.

    By Blogger Grace Garton, at 10:22 am  

  • waiting is always good and in this case well worth it...fun story, I had smelly markers too

    By Blogger Lee, at 12:26 pm  

  • Now there are smelly crayons too...unbelieveable! I think I did associated colors with food, but some fo them....that I remember..*~*
    Nice pic!!
    -Marjorie Ann

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 pm  

  • NEAT idea!!...and, I even refer to scents as flavors! :) Nice image!

    By Blogger TXArtcGal, at 1:12 pm  

  • I love the picture of the paintbox! Did you take it? Is it a polaroid?

    By Blogger Doreen Mulryan Marts, at 4:09 am  

  • certainly is a polaroid [oh how i love polaroids!- i think its the instant-ness of them and the rich colours] Glad you like it!

    By Blogger Baskerville Hound, at 11:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home