Baskerville Hound

Thursday, March 30, 2006

ATC Ducks finally embark on their journey

Well, after a long time preparing my Artist Trading Cards for our 29,000 Floating Ducks Project blog, today I finally got them away in the mail.
Although similar, each card is different. I wanted them to be unique yet connected somehow [a bit like all of the artists in the project!]
Each card has a base of newsprint and semi-transparent light blue tissue paper. I wanted My ATC's to be, in some way linked to the actual Journal, so I carried on the use of this duck shape. Like in the first page of my Journal entry, I collected patterns, colours and interesting images from which I cut this duck shape.
Once I had plenty, I had fun playing around trying to pair them up in different combinations until I found the ones that looked just right together.
I then decided upon who within the group I would send each card. Not knowing things like everyone's favourite colours made it a little trickier than if I were just sharing them out with family or friends, but this just meant I had to think a little bit about each of my fellow project-ees, and consider the things I had learnt about each of them through the project so far. Here's hoping my choices were well suited :)

4 Comments:

  • they look great - can't wait to see them in person!

    By Blogger Lee, at 9:29 pm  

  • I'm excited. Can hardly wait to see them also.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:08 pm  

  • Hey this looks really exciting! I am looking forward to receiving mine! Your ATCs look very beautiful!

    By Blogger Weichuen You, at 6:57 pm  

  • Hi Bek! Just want to personally Thank You for my wonderfully beautiful and unique ATC you made for me! The colours you chose for me are spot on!!! I love it! I promise to send mine out sometime this month.

    By Blogger valerie walsh, at 4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home