Baskerville Hound

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tea [cups] for Illustration Friday

I love Tea. Not only for its taste and warmth, but for the ceremony it seems to promote. There is nothing better than sitting down with an old friend over freshly brewed tea served in your favourite teacup-complete with saucer [to catch the biscuit crumbs of course!]

My tea is with only a dash of milk and no sugar. I think I have it this way because i would taste some of mum's tea as a child and that's how she had it-Actually I'm pretty sure my Grandmother has her tea the same way too!

What's in your cup?


[I cut these shapes from some vintage rolls of wallpaper i found at the most wonderful 2nd hand shop/salvage yard. what a find!]

8 Comments:

  • Lovely collage ... how great about the wallpaper! My cup is empty ... had better get another :)

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 6:04 pm  

  • This is so beautiful and simple. I really love it!
    MD

    By Blogger MD, at 6:09 am  

  • Lovely :D love the simplicity of it!

    By Blogger MC*, at 7:57 am  

  • Hi Bek, now that is a cool idea cutting the shapes from wall paper. looks great. I drink my tea plain.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:53 pm  

  • Love the illo.
    My cup is full of coffee... and booze.
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 5:51 pm  

  • i love this illustration Bek, it's really simple yet so elegant and the colors are very soothing ... just liek tea ... if you like tea ... which you do! Bravo!

    By Blogger Leeza Hernandez Illustrator, at 10:51 am  

  • Love the way you added art to the teacup. They can be so elaborate and intriquite!

    By Blogger Ellen, at 2:00 pm  

  • beautiful collage piece!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home