Baskerville Hound

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Long time no post

I know, I know, I haven't posted anything in so long....
The Floating Ducks journal has long since left my shores [bound for so many new places and so many talented artists], Winter is in full swing and I'm feeling a little bit uninspired.....
I am in agreeance with myself that we need a new little sub-project for the 29,000 Floating Ducks Blog- the last being the ATC's which all look amazing. Something to set the momentum going again I think- but what? Perhaps some little mini-books a la Haje to be sent around randomly amongst us as the others patiently await their turn. Maybe we could each add some images/words about our favourite things to help in these very moments of un-inspiration [is that a work? hmm who cares anyway]. Perhaps something like Keri Smith's 100 things [bless her little cotton socks as my great aunt would say!] to share the things from which each of us draws inspiration.

Anyways, here are a few of my favourite websites that have recently become everyday visits for me:
Oh Joy [always sharing new exciting designers, artists, shops]
Stumble Upon [also helping me to find new sites I wouldn't have found otherwise]
Etsy [the eBay of all things handmade]
Speaking of handmade- check out: Rustic Relics
Stumble Upon helped me find this great project called
Learning to love you more as well as this sweet, funny blog: Things my boyfriend says
I love the fantastic drawings of Tom Judd [who inspires me to try and draw everyday, about my day]
And then of course there's the wonderful Keri Smith.

Let me know if you have any great ideas for the 29,000 Floating Ducks Blog- be sure to share any of your favourite sites with me too :)
Have fun Kids.
B

2 Comments:

  • Oh Bek, you do sound a little tired and blue. We have the hottest summer ever here. Let me send you some sunshine and vibes!

    I love the idea of the little book. I took some photos of the beautiful sky and places here. Maybe we can even include photos in the little book to give the others a better understanding of the place we live in. What do you think?

    Well, I have to go to work, but I'll check the websites you recommend today.

    Take care. (I think the ducks are having fun themselves...:-)

    By Blogger Weichuen You, at 7:44 am  

  • I like the Haje book idea too...that's such a cool project...miragee's idea of adding photos could add a new dimension - I'm in :)

    maybe another round of ATC's too? or our own Flickr group?

    By Blogger Lee, at 2:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home